After winning a community league in 2016, Mads concentrated his sim racing efforts on F1. He qualified for the 2017 F1 Esports Series Semi-Final via setting the fourth fastest time on the PS4 Time Trial Qualifier. He finished fourth in his group to reach the Grand Final where he set the fastest lap during the Abu Dhabi race to win the DHL Fastest Lap award. He has a professional attitude both on and off the track and provided concise insight during his first ever interview in the F1 press pen with Danish TV.
Nykoebing Mors, Denmark
- Q: Who is your favourite F1 Driver ever?
- Q: Which car is your favourite to drive?
The Force India.
- Q: Which was your favourite year in F1 and why?
2008 Simply because it had one of the most historical endings to a championship ever.
- Q: What was the first driving game you remember playing?
- Q: What type of driving style do you think you have?
My driving style is probably a bit more calculating, but still aggressive when it is needed.
- Q: What is your favourite wheel that you've driven with?
I have to say the Fanatec CSL Elite I am using right now is the best I have driven with.
- Q: When did you first start racing online?
- Q: What platform did you first start racing online with?
I started racing online on the Playstation 4.
- Q: How did you find the level of the competition in the F1 Esports Series 2018 Online Qualifiers?
The level in the F1 Esports series is extremely high with a small margin for error, so no doubt every race will be a challenge!
- Q: What does your average sim racing day look like?
I am not racing every day, when I do, it will be like 2 hours of practice in the evening after work and fitness.
- Q: How do you prepare before a race?
For a race in an online lobby I would say 510 hours, but obviously going into the Esports series it will be a lot more.
- Q: How much practice do you put in, on F1 2017?
Same as before, I only really play the F1 series from Codemasters because of limited time for sim racing at the moment.
- Q: What is your favourite track on F1 2017?
- Q: Which driving conditions do you prefer, wet or dry?
- Q: Who is your toughest online opponent?
Have to say Brendon Leigh, he is the man to beat at the moment.
- Q: If you had one favourite moment from the Silverstone trip, what was it?
The track walk.
- Q: Have you ever been to an F1 race weekend before?
I have been to Hockenheim three times, Spa and Abu Dhabi once, and then Silverstone obviously.
- Q: What was your most memorable F1 race and why?
Brazil 2008 was a great one, but in terms of GP's I have been to, I have to say Hockenheim 2018, the last 20 laps was absolutely crazy to watch live!
- Q: If you could pick any race in the world to go to, which would it be and why?
I would love to go to the GP in Singapore to experience a night race and to see the city in general.
- Q: Who is your current favourite driver (who drives now)?
Lewis Hamilton started following him when he was in GP2 in 2006.
- Q: Was there a team that you hoped would pick you, if so who?
I have been very positive about Force India from the beginning, so very glad they picked me.
- Q: When did you first make your move to professional Sim Racing?
In 2015/2016 when I joined a league called Front Row Racing.
- Q: Have you ever won a championship in Sim Racing or come close?
I did win the championship in Front Row Racing in my second season Was a lot of fun.
- Q: What was your most memorable online race?
The race in AOR in Brazil season 14, where I lost out on my first ever AOR win because of a three second time penalty You learn for those sorts of mistakes!
- Q: Where do you practice online and why?
I practice online in my room because that is there my simrig is placed - easy as that!
- Q: What are you most looking forward to in the Pro Series?
The racing it is world class racing against the best in the world which is the reason I am enjoying this :)
- Q: If you could pick anyone in the world to be your teammate, who would it be and why?
Marcel and Fabrizio haha In all honesty they are two top guys to work with and we all get along, so for me it is the perfect team.
- Q: Who do you think (bar yourself) will be the top challenger for the title win, in 2018?
As mentioned before Brendon Leigh is the man to beat and as the reigning champion all eyes will be on him but hopefully I will be up there with him, fighting for the win!
- Q: If you think there is something/anything that will give you an advantage over your competitors, what is it and how will you use it?
My pure determination to perform at my best will be a key factor I am focusing on improving in every area, especially my fitness is another level compared to last year - it makes me able to perform at my best over a longer period of time.
- Q: Outside of racing, who is your hero/inspirational character?
There are many inspirational characters out there, but I will actually point out my parents on this one. They are always very supportive and there to help whenever it is needed :)