We are looking for a NDT Technician to join our F1 team based at Silverstone, Northampton.
The NDT Technician will be responsible for all NDT inspection related duties in support of the daily operations of the Inspection Dept and also accountable for performing incoming and final inspection, interpreting engineering drawings and standards and providing relevant information to department heads.
The key functions of the candidate will be:
NDT support for all aspects of the team’s requirements to include new product support, turn round servicing and track support to the race team
Read and interpret engineering drawings or process specifications
and provide relevant information to department heads as required
Ensuring strict adherence to specifications
Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications
or standards and evaluate results
Perform incoming and final inspection of products to meet customer
Complete inspection documentation, procedures and reports, and
update computerised management system as required
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
NDT operator qualified with PCN/ASNT 4179 Level 2 in Eddy Current, DP, UT and MPI
- UT – in CRFC and composite materials
- MPI - in Fixed installations & Portable equipment
- DP – in Dye penetrants, Fluorescent penetrant.
- Eddy current – in portable metal testing
- Must hold a minimum Level 2 qualification
- Must have proven NDT experience
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to read and understand NDT specifications and procedures
- Proficient in NDT Report writing
- Will ideally have experience of working within a similar environment
- Must have the ability to produce quality work whilst working under pressure
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute in a team environment
- Must be willing to learn and take on board new skills
- Must be computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify root cause and systematically solve problems
- Flexible and willing to accept new challenges